Friday, March 14, 2008

A Watched Pot Will Still Find a Way to Abuse Feminine-Hygiene Products

The bean was sick this week (and the sun rose and days ended in y, but anyway).

When he's feeling down, T and I like to let him carry out his continued delusion that he's the boss of us. Case in point: The last time he was sick he had french fries and a shamrock shake for lunch. He also got to hang in Jiffy Lube while a nice mechanic named Murry talked about how he drove right through an I-PASS once, even though he didn't have an I-PASS, but he didn't get in trouble, so who needs an I-PASS, anyway? Of course, in retrospect, taking your kid to Jiffy Lube doesn't strike me as an act of spoilage, per say, but I'm so far away from the point of this post right now that I'm just going to move on.

The point of this post--the only point of this post, really--is to point out that Bean loves tampons. He finds them far more versatile than, ahem, most of us do. One day, while I was getting ready for work, he came hurdling down the hall waving a tampon in the air as if everyone knows Tampax products double as baby batons. Here are pictures of what he did when I ran out of the room for about three milliseconds. He got into my purse, grabbed a product, and stuck it in this machine that uses a mild vacuum to pop balls in the air.

Of course, being unfamiliar with such concepts as gravity and weight, I started taking the toy apart. When T saw the toy, he turned it upside down and everything fell out the way you would expect it to if you weren't someone who grew up thinking that if you sat on a running sprinkler you'd shoot up into the air. Stupid cartoons. Stupid physics.

2 comments:

Jen said...

Mad has been running around our house all day today with a maxipad--it's been stuck to her stomach and has also served as a "pillow" and a "diaper." Creative, creative children we have!

N said...

The image of Bean running around waving a tampon as a baton made me laugh so hard that tears are (really, truly) running down my face.